AdSense

Monday 17 February 2020

When preacher man confesses to destroying his own environment



A couple of weeks ago I went with my family to Zinga Island (L. Victoria) on a totally private visit. 

What I can tell you about our time there is that we really enjoyed.

What struck me however, on a sad note, is the way the island has been ripped of its trees.

For my night return to the mainland (I had to leave my family there due to other commitments), I hired a boat with a Pentecostal preacher whose confession really touched me.

“In the 1990s and early 2000s I fully participated in deforesting this island,” he told me, rather regretfully, as his daughter, about ten years old, looked on. 

“We cut the trees, very big trees. We made money. But when I look at this island now I feel sad,” he said.

People, crying will not help. Plant a tree today for each of your children and nurture them to serve nature. Join the Tree BillionaireGeneration (TBG) now. The campaign to restore our environment starts with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment